I have been testing the drawing order and have been getting better prints. I still have some minor stringing and ingrown hairs but have managed to reduce it a bit more. I have found that if you have round holes it's good to use the order with holes in them as this makes then a bit more detailed and not just fill in the shapes. It also makes a difference whether you start the holes at the start vs the end of the order. It's just something you will need to test out. Here are the settings and the part that just finished printing. Oh, I also increased the support to 2 mm I think on this last part as I was having a hard time taking off the smaller supports on all the parts. I also started to lower the temp to see if that would reduce the stringing a bit more without going to low on the temp. I managed to reduce the stringing a lot more on the last piece. If you guys have any other suggestions let me know. I do like the hole details better now though. The guides are still not perfect but there's definitely improvements so it's nice getting better hole diameters. I have found out that the filament also will make a difference if it's really low in quality. Some of the esun I have found it's a bit on the brittle side and although it prints fine, I had it break several times on different colors. It was a good to test it out though even if I'm not too crazy about it myself.

Testing the drawing order

This part needed quite a bit of clean up. Not totally bad but still noticeable. I'm sure this has to do more with the settings though.

You can see that the bottom is now smoother which also looks nicer than before.

September 1, 2015

Jaime Vigil Jaime Vigil
Exalted
749 posts

0 replies

To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.