Was going through a website, which is about baby names. The site has facility to listen the pronunciation of names. But when I am clicking on the it , I am not able to hear sound. Is there a problem with site or my drivers?

August 16, 2016

nadarshiv nadarshiv
Beginner
5 posts

10 replies

Pardon?

August 16, 2016

Janos Janos
Admin
546 posts

Very likely not anything related to 3D printing.

Looks like this person is trying to pick a name for a baby and wants to hear what it sounds like, but the audio didn't work.

August 16, 2016

3DForms 3DForms
Superstar
1774 posts

spambot

August 17, 2016

Bixit219 Bixit219
Superstar
1448 posts

The site has facility that you can hear the pronunciation of the name, and when I am clicking on sound icon in the site, no sound is coming. The name of the site is babynology.com

Though I have cross checked with my drivers by playing the video, it is working perfectly alright. And when I am opening the same site on other laptop I can hear the pronunciation. Hence not able to predict what actually the problem is?

August 17, 2016

nadarshiv nadarshiv
Beginner
5 posts

And BTW I am not spambot. I have posted here related topic and asked a very genuine question. If you know, then answer else leave it.

August 17, 2016

nadarshiv nadarshiv
Beginner
5 posts

This baby stuff is working for me. Try Chrome browser and make sure to pump up the volume.

The site just plays an mp3 embedded into an <audio></audio> tag.
Took this example from the site, you can try to open it: http://www.babynology.com/audio/Celesta.mp3

Did you try to ask help from the owner of that site?

August 18, 2016

Bona Fide Bona Fide
Friendly
126 posts

Ha! ..

Well your totally out of the blue / unrelated to 3d printing/software/remotely close to anything here question did look suspiciously like some of the spambots we have had in the past (i.e. they scrape a post from some other website and use it to get past filters on another site) .. Also considering that was your first post to this site, sorta looks exactly like a spambot.

also it would be helpful if you posted more on your computer setup.. do you use windows or mac, or linux, chromebook, tablet? if so what version of the OS is it? what browsers, etc.. more details would help tremendously .. kinda hard to answer your technical question without specifics from you.

nadarshiv wrote:And BTW I am not spambot. I have posted here related topic and asked a very genuine question. If you know, then answer else leave it.

August 19, 2016

Bixit219 Bixit219
Superstar
1448 posts

Then it looks like there is some problem with my system. Will have to get it checked, this stuff is not working on my laptop, though it worked in my phone.

Thank you guyz for making a good cross check and helping me out.

Regards.

August 22, 2016

nadarshiv nadarshiv
Beginner
5 posts

that was a weirdest topic/ Section I ever see on this forum. JFYI This is more like 3D printing related forum @nadarshiv.

August 24, 2016

Levent Ozigdeci Levent Ozigdeci
Honored
306 posts

Why I thought this was another spambot.. and not legit..

Levent Ozigdeci wrote:that was a weirdest topic/ Section I ever see on this forum. JFYI This is more like 3D printing related forum @nadarshiv.

August 24, 2016

Bixit219 Bixit219
Superstar
1448 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.