Hello Everyone,

In this release we have fixed the slow heat up issue and a pause command bug that caused some LCD buttons non-functional.

September 30, 2016

Janos Janos
Admin
601 posts

7 replies

Great, thanks!

I'm going to try updating, but I had massive trouble with the updating the last time, and I had to resort to downloading the firmware from Smurfy's firmware archive and then use the alternative flashing tool to get it done.

His archive now also has a version 9606 available, but not 9607, so if flashing via Craftprint fails (as it did before), then I have no method of getting version 9607.

September 30, 2016

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

Well, updating failed this time too. The main board updates successfully via Craftprint, but the HMI stops and fails after some time (progresses for a while).

However, downloading the firmware manually from CraftUnique servers was easy enough, so I was able to update the HMI via the alternative tool, and the machine is now operational again. I haven't tested it yet, but I will.

And the version number that is on CraftUnique servers is actually 9606, not 9607 as this thread title says.

September 30, 2016

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

Hello Mroek,

If the HMI declines the FW update for some reason, I would recommend flashing the panel then retrying the FW update.
Once the main board is updated, turn the machine off, wait for 5 seconds, then turning on the Craftbot should initiate the HMI update.

I was able to update the HMI via the alternative tool

On a side note (and out of curiosity), what alternative tools did you use to update the LCD panel?

Be good,
Zsolt.

September 30, 2016

Zsolt Zsolt
Admin
32 posts

I have tried what you said, but the HMI update never completes via Craftprint. It starts, and without exception it stops somewhere along the way (same spot, it seems).

When I first received the machine, I updated it to the 9539 version, and I spent hours fighting it until I finally gave up and ran the risk (which I guess might not be a risk) of using the alternative tool called CraftTool. With this tool the HMI update runs fine to completion without issues.

September 30, 2016

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

I have now tested the new firmware a little, and I haven't been able to provoke the pause/stop command bug yet, so it appears to be fixed. Happy with that, so thank you, CU team. :-)

I have however discovered a different, slightly weird behaviour (which isn't new with this version, it was like this also previously):

I created a gcode file that didn't extrude anything, nor did it heat any of the heaters. It was just a file that homed and then jogged the x- and y-axes at different speeds (for noise analysis). The file can be "printed" just fine, and the machine does exactly what it is commanded, but long before it has stopped moving it reports "Print finished", and the total time displayed is way shorter than the real time it spent moving around.

I guess this might be a buffering issue, and it isn't really a problem per se, but I still think it should have waited with the "Print finished" message until it actually was finished with the last move in the file. I also noticed that the info about z-position was wrong under certain circumstances. Again, not really a problem with a synthetic test like this, but still I think it ought to have been correct.

September 30, 2016

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

Hi, I still have a slow heating error. Not a stock CB though: an E3d style hotend combined with a large heaterblock. Returning to 8263 solved it though.

October 2, 2016

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1686 posts

Time for a bit of positive vibes...
Update ran through straight away, without resetting anything first :-)
CB+, coming from Firmware 8263 and HMI 7xxx (or so I seem to remember, whatever was current at the beginning of January). It even prints - but I've only tried the M1210-test-print, so have no experience with anything longer than 15min or so as yet.
Update was done with Win10 and the stock USB cable - which, on a side note - does not work with my new Raspberry Pi3 and Octoprint. No idea what might be causing this effect and whether or not it has anything to do with the success of the update.

October 16, 2016

Kerrberos Kerrberos
Friendly
78 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.