Hello everyone!

We have released our newest firmware.
Please download CraftPrint v1.07 to flash this version of the firmware into your CraftBot.

Changes in firmware 10290:

New features:

• Language menu has been changed
  • More languages available (Arabic, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish)
  • Settings can be changed by arrows:

• Fan
    • Temperature
    • Sound

• WIFI SSID simplified, no more SSID collision
  • Axes menu: grayable icons (home, axes)
  • Faster Z movements
  • In-print menu:

• F value visible
    • Necessary/total filament usage
    • Actual/target temperatures (head, bed)
    • Actual/maximum Z value
    • Maximum number of the layers (L)
    • Feed setting changed from percent to multiplier values
    • Red letters indicating the heating operations
    • Stop function works without pausing
    • Bed (B:) and Head (H:) changes its color to red during heating

• Maintenance warning message after every 900 hours

Bugfixes:

• Wifi connect
  • Looking for Wifi networks
  • WIFI SSID bug fix
  • Faster LCD refresh
  • Fan lock bug during printing
  • Pause at next layer
  • Fan settings can be changed during pause
  • Temperature menu
  • Temperature cannot be changed during heating
  • USB thumb drive removal bug fix
  • Up to 5 sub-folders will be examined
  • German language fixes
  • At XY end stops Z works correctly
  • File upload UI fix
  • Upon resume print the correct extruder value is shown

February 21, 2017

Janos Janos
Admin
601 posts

14 replies

Thanks for the new version.

I want to give some feedback, going to leave it here instead of the test thread.
I installed 1.07 no problems.
Updated the printer firmware, no problems

1) Decided to level the build platform.
2) Went in the controls and ran through the leveling steps.
3) Then after it was done I used Z+ until the printer found the limit.

Then moved the head around to different spots, including about where it does the leveling. (really close to)
I noticed that the spacing is closer to the bed than where it was checked with the card.
(card will not fit)
So I went back to the leveling screen and rechecked it, now its back where it was measured with the card.
Z- then Z+ to limit will again make the spacing too close (not enough to drag but its close).

Z+ to limit is not the same as the level setting, at least on my printer.
Is this a problem ?

February 21, 2017

BV BV
Honored
308 posts

My initial feedback is that for the first time (ever!) I could update the firmware with Craftprint, no issues whatsoever. Update went smooth as butter. :-)

The faster Z-speed is nice, but in my case bad stuff happens if I jog to the bottom. Ugly sounds appear, and it can't be moved back up on it's own. I have to turn the machine off and manually turn the leadscrew to lift the bed a tiny bit. This isn't normally something I do, but I thought I'd try to replicate BVs findings. The mentioned behaviour screw everything up, so I can't really try what he did.

I guess that the issue is that the limit is hard coded to 200 mm from homed, and my current setup (3 mm glass with Buildtak on silicone pads on the bare aluminium bed) doesn't provide 200 mm of travel. Perhaps this limit should be user-adjustable?

I'll provide more feedback if I have any after using it for actual printing. :-)

February 21, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

Just uploaded this FW with CW 1.07 to a CB XL. Went very smooth and fast.

Tested some functions for normal printing as well on the fly tweaks. Seems to work as expected.
I didn't try any extreme setting though.

February 21, 2017

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1686 posts

I dont see the OSX version of 1.07 can this be installed with a previous OSX version?

(Bart .. no, windows isn't always an option)

February 22, 2017

Bixit219 Bixit219
Superstar
1451 posts

If my CAD software would work under Linux, both Windows and OSX wouldn't be an option ;-)
Bixit: isn't the latest firmware updating ok with CP 1.04? I'm happy to try for you (with Windows that is) .
EDIT: I just tried and with CP 1.03 as well 1.04 (for windows) the FW updated ok.

February 22, 2017

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1686 posts

I've now tried printing with this new version, and I think there is something quite wrong.

I was printing a very thin frame, and I noticed it seemed to extrude a bit too little plastic. Then on the second layer, it actually didn't extrude anything at all. In fact, I could physically see that the extuder gear was slowly going in the wrong direction (i.e accumulated retracting instead of extruding).

Here's a zoomed in view from S3D (second layer printing):

New firmware released: 10290

As you can see, the line segments it is filling in is very short, the total width of this frame is just 3 mm, The first layer printed, but with underextrusion, the second layer extruded nothing, as mentioned.

I'll have to go sleep now, and I'll try to test some more tomorrow, but perhaps Janos could say if there has been changes made to the actual printing code that could cause this? I'm using the exact same slicer settings as I have for a long time, so no changes there.

February 22, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

@mroek: I can't imagine that has something to do with CraftPrint or the firmware. Or maybe I misunderstood you: is the CraftBot not printing what you show on the picture? If so, that would be flabbergasting rattleshaking!
As you seem to be "a kind of very, very smart" I assume something is happening that one shouldn't expect.
If you are still awake, can you sent your stl? Otherwise I try myself.
I planned to send a CB XL to a nice customer with this firmware, but I assume I can better sent it with a little older FW.

You make me insecure mroek! Stop that!

February 22, 2017

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1686 posts

Thanks for trying.. given how touchy it can be I didnt want to risk it..

Bart ter Haar wrote:If my CAD software would work under Linux, both Windows and OSX wouldn't be an option ;-)
Bixit: isn't the latest firmware updating ok with CP 1.04? I'm happy to try for you (with Windows that is) .
EDIT: I just tried and with CP 1.03 as well 1.04 (for windows) the FW updated ok.

February 22, 2017

Bixit219 Bixit219
Superstar
1451 posts

@Bart: Sorry for not staying up to wait for your post, but I had to sleep. :-)

I retested it just now, but I removed the other objects that was on the build plate, and tried printing only the thin frame. The same thing happens now, when the CB starts filling in the second solid layer (after having printed the outlines), it retracts more than it extrudes, so nothing comes out the nozzle. Here's the start of the G-code for that solid layer (after the outlines was printed):

G92 E0
G1 X200.080 Y164.159 E0.0745 F2880
G1 X200.080 Y163.593 E0.1002
G1 X198.920 Y164.753 E0.1747
G1 X198.920 Y164.188 E0.2004
G1 X200.080 Y163.028 E0.2749

As you can see, every segment is very short, and hence it extrudes small amounts of plastic, but it most definitely should not retract...

Until we know more about this, I would advice against updating to this version.

February 22, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

The bug is repeatable even if I change the size of the thin frame. My original frame was 143x143 mm outer size, but the same thing happens if I make it smaller (but I kept the width at 3 mm). It also happens for a circular frame, so it is easily repeatable.

And also, the bug has been introduced after the previous beta (10155) that we tested, because I downgraded to that now, and the problem is not present in that version.

So again, do not update to this version if you want to avoid ruined prints.

February 22, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

One more note: The bug also affects the first layer, as it causes underextrusion. Here's a close-up after printing the first layer and the outlines of the second layer, showing that the first layer has holes and in general is underextruded:

New firmware released: 10290

February 22, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

I can confirm this bug, thanks to mroek. We will fix this asap.

February 22, 2017

Janos Janos
Admin
601 posts

The firmware fix is available. Please read this thread: https://craftunique.com/forums/view-thread/2462

February 22, 2017

Janos Janos
Admin
601 posts

@mroek: super thanks for your finding! I tried it myself with some 3mm object, but couldn't copy the problem.
I was able to get older FW on the XL just for shipping. As I always have absolute beginners as customer, I'm glad they can have now a more reliable start.

February 22, 2017

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1686 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.