• Extrusion bug fixed that was introduced in 10290

Please use CraftPrint 1.07 to update your CraftBot to this version.

February 22, 2017

Janos Janos
Admin
601 posts

21 replies

Thanks for the prompt fixing (I've tested, and it seems OK now)! It is nice that updating via Craftprint is now working reliably, so if the firmware is now also bug free (or at least without any new major bugs), then we're (at least I am, can't speak for big-ducked grumpy Bart) happy.

I'll still be nagging you about that wifi upload speed, though. Until it has been finally confirmed whether the speed can be improved to become usable or not. :-)

February 22, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

can't speak for big-ducked grumpy Bart

Indeed you can't! And I keep grumpy, as I feel "the pain of the Apple brain" of Bixit...

Ducks to the rescue!

February 22, 2017

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1686 posts

It appears that the counters for operating hours and maintenance no longer work in this version. On my machine, they are both firmly stuck at a fixed value (I can reset the maintenance counter, and then it sits stuck at 0). I'm not entirely sure in which version this happened, but I think it was either 10290 or 10303 (this one).

While this doesn't affect the printing itself, it is a bit annoying, as I like to keep track of the usage.

February 25, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

Have also just updated - worked fine, but then again, it has before for me too...

One thing I notice though is that with 10303 and my 9606 which I had up until now it is possible to completely stop the extruder fan while the head is at >80°C.

If I remember correctly, there used to be a time where the extruder fan speed had a minimum value depending on the temperature and one could only set it to run faster via the LCD. Now if I play with the extruder fan while it is cold, turn the fan off again, and then switch on the heater - the fan will not automatically start even beyond 80°C...

I much prefer the old behaviour. Have I missed something?

February 25, 2017

Kerrberos Kerrberos
Friendly
78 posts

I discovered my CB has been running more than 600 hours.
Will you publish a ToDo list for 600 hours maintenance.

February 26, 2017

ClOkuido ClOkuido
Friendly
54 posts

First attempt at updating firmware to my indiegogo craftbot failed. Flashed it and tried again and its working. Any idea on when we might be getting the craftware update?

February 27, 2017

Nathaniel Lightfoot Nathaniel Lightfoot
Friendly
126 posts

Hi,

I have to report a bug. When printing from an USB stick the bed temp is set to 70c in the display on my Craftbot 2 the following information is showing up: 50 - 70.

February 28, 2017

Joeri Splinter Joeri Splinter
Beginner
7 posts

Joeri Splinter wrote:Hi,

I have to report a bug. When printing from an USB stick the bed temp is set to 70c in the display on my Craftbot 2 the following information is showing up: 50 - 70.

Not sure what you mean. The CB2 shows both current and commanded temperature, and while heating (and cooling, actually) the letter B will be in red. When the temperature has stabilized, the B should turn white again, and the numbers should be very close to each other (usually the same).

Could you post a picture of the screen showing what you think is a bug?

February 28, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

New firmware released: 10303
See above

February 28, 2017

Beginner
7 posts

That doesn't look right, I agree. I haven't seen this issue on my CB2, though (but I haven't tried using 70 deg on the bed). Does it happen with any file you try to print? Could you post the G-code you were trying to print?

The last part of the file name is kind of disturbing, though... :-)

February 28, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

Only when printing from an USB stick. How do I post the G-code?

February 28, 2017

Beginner
7 posts

Upload the G-code file to some file sharing site (Dropbox/Google Drive/Onedrive), set the file to public (as opposed to private), and then post the link here.

February 28, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl28z82g4jp914e/Dji_Mavic_Strap_On_v2.gcode?dl=0

February 28, 2017

Beginner
7 posts

Well, nothing weird in the file, as far as I can see.

March 1, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

I think it simply means, that your bed is set to 70C, but in fact it is 50C. I do not know why it does not reach 70C.

March 1, 2017

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
999 posts

psanyi wrote:I think it simply means, that your bed is set to 70C, but in fact it is 50C. I do not know why it does not reach 70C.

True, but if it was in fact trying to get to the programmed temperature (70 deg), then the letter B should have been red, since these latest firmwares use this as an indication to let the user know whether the heater is on or not.

But I'd have expected someone at CU to comment some more on this. They need to fix more of the reported bugs sooner rather than later. I'd much prefer smaller increments of versions where they fix just one or two of the most prominent bugs, rather than them trying to fix all at once. Take this bug with the non-functional time counters, for instance. Should be a quick fix, so just fix it and push the version. After all, since they've now gotten CraftPrint to (more) reliably do the update, why not release small and often?

March 1, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

This is just a visual bug and now fixed. What was happened is that an M906 command was used in the gcode and the reply for this command was interpreted as bed temperature.
Thanks for the findings!

March 2, 2017

Janos Janos
Admin
601 posts

Good to hear, Janos. When will you release a new version with bug fixes?

March 2, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

Hi,
About french language:
Accent characters are not all fine: à è ê
may be french font need to update ?

March 2, 2017

ClOkuido ClOkuido
Friendly
54 posts

Can someone confirm that the speed for the extruder has been raised. When extruding a new spool of PETG my extruder is slipping. When printing everything is fine.

The slipping was not the case with the previous firmware. I have the standard nozzle.

March 3, 2017

Beginner
7 posts

Joeri Splinter wrote:Can someone confirm that the speed for the extruder has been raised. When extruding a new spool of PETG my extruder is slipping. When printing everything is fine.

The slipping was not the case with the previous firmware. I have the standard nozzle.

The extrusion rate/volume is controlled by the slicer, and the firmware will try to do what it's told in the G-code. The firmware could of course have a bug that would cause errors, but I haven't noticed anything like you describe.

March 3, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.