Hi,

my CB+ is a brick since November 2016. That was the first time I tried to update the firmware.
I installed CP 1.06 on a Windows 10 machine an everything seems to be fine.
I ran "update from server" and did everything CP told me. After that the LCD was black.
I put the printer under my desk because there were other things to do first.
This morning I came back to his issue, since i recognized that there is a new Version of CP.
I uninstalled the previous CP and installed CP 1.07.
Startet it and connected the printer via USB.
Surprisingly CP says the printer is online. I can control my CB+ via CP, but the display is still black.
So I came to the conclusion that, when I can control the printer, maybe I can now do a successful firmware update.
But NO!
CP said that the mainboard firmware was successfully updated and continues ... maybe with updating the LCD?? It didn't told me.
The next message CP gave me was:
sending boot loader...

and 5-10 seconds later:
Read timeout!

What can i do?

March 1, 2017

Christian Kemme Christian Kemme
Beginner
34 posts

14 replies

Have you tried manually erasing and resetting the boards? For the main board, there are two buttons under the USB socket, and the LCD board also has two buttons on the side of the circuit board.

Press both of these buttons simultaneously (with the CB powered) to erase the firmware. Erase both the LCD firmware and the mainboard firmware, shouldn't matter which one you do first.

Then try the update with CP1.07. If it doesn't work, rinse and repeat a few times. If it still doesn't work, then try with a different computer. If that also doesn't work, report back and I'll tell you about yet another method.

March 1, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

Dear Christian,

You should flash the LCD panel, the previous firmware update was not successful on it.
For the right updating process please follow these steps on the link below:
https://support.craftunique.com/344823-How-do-I-Update--Install-the-firmware

March 1, 2017

Edina Fajcsi Edina Fajcsi
Admin
59 posts

Thanks mroek & Edina!
I erased the LCD firmware and reflashed with CP 1.07.
LCD is working!

March 1, 2017

Christian Kemme Christian Kemme
Beginner
34 posts

It is good to read :)

March 1, 2017

Edina Fajcsi Edina Fajcsi
Admin
59 posts

Hi...i am a new user here. You should Press both of these buttons simultaneously (with the CB powered) to erase the firmware. Erase both the LCD firmware and the mainboard firmware, shouldn't matter which one you do first.

June 8, 2017

Lula Lula
Beginner
1 posts

I erased the LCD firmware and reflashed with CP 1.07. LCD is working!

November 24, 2017

viya42 viya42
Beginner
1 posts

I ran into this problem and hooked my CB XL up to my MacBook Pro running CP1.04, ran the update process and got everything up and running again.

January 2, 2018

Edward Edward
Beginner
2 posts

You need to turn the machine on, hit the erase and reset on the LCD simultaneously and hold them for 5 seconds. You need to insert two thin filament pieces into the small holes near the cable insert (also simultaneously for 5 seconds) on the side of the craftbot -this will erase and reset the PCB. No turn off the printer and wait for 10 seconds. Trash and Erase the old version of craftprint on your computer and reload a brand new version from our website. Once this has been accomplished you can try updating your machine with the latest firmware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXSUbKP3sZc

January 9, 2018

CraftUnique Forum CraftUnique Forum
50 posts

Hi there - I have tried this hold them both down, connected to the printer via usb cable on my macbook turn it off method a few times to no avail. I even deleted craft print, redownloaded and tried it all again--more than once. My lcd screen is still black. is it updated? am i missing something?

I got as far as these, in order:

LCD firmware update problem

LCD firmware update problem

But the screen is still black? Can anybody help? any help is greatly appreciated!!

March 2, 2018

Sarah Carmody Sarah Carmody
Beginner
6 posts

Did you reset both the machine and lcd? Then hook up the Mac, run the program to update?

March 3, 2018

Edward Edward
Beginner
2 posts

I think, I had the same problem like Sarah (and i'm a macOS user too).
Edward's post the key for me. U need to reset both electrical parts (motherboard and LCD) !
The motherboard reset is easy, just use the two small holes directly below at the OTG USB port. The LCD control panel reset is the trickier. U need to remove the cover panel (4 hex screws) behind the LCD screen. Then U will find the reset and the clear buttons.
If you pushed all of these, then plug in the OTG cable and refresh the firmwares with the newest Craftprint software.

March 25, 2018

Suraki Suraki
Friendly
68 posts

Mac.....

March 29, 2018

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1682 posts

Please use CraftPrint 1.10 as it has Mac OSX related bugfixes and support for CraftBot 3.
CraftPrint 1.11 will be released shortly after this Easter.

March 29, 2018

Janos Janos
Admin
564 posts

Hi, I had a similar problem with my CB XL and after installing the firmware on the craftprint it shows main board updated sucefully and then it appears read timeout! I have repeated the installation process several times and with different equipment and the LCD is still black.

February 12, 2020

ERICK SEBASTIAN ERICK SEBASTIAN
Beginner
1 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.