Dear CraftBot users!

We have a new firmware release and here is the change log:

Updates:

• M906 command is updated with R,H parameters (motor current settings) for new silent stepper drivers (TMC2208):
  • A , B motor example:
    Command:
    M906 X R1100 H800 (A, B motor run current: 1100mA , hold current: 800mA)
    Answer:
    Hold currents: A:800 mA B:800 mA E:380 mA Z:380 mA
    Run currents: A:1100 mA B:1100 mA E:1600 mA Z:1300 mA

• Russian language update, revised
  • Actual / target temperature visible in extruder menu
  • Smooth printing: HMI - Predator communication speed increased (Baud rate updated from 115200 to 460800 bps)
  • Queue deepth increased from 128 bytes to 256 bytes
  • Print finished menu revised
  • Pause message will be displayed if the message is included in the G-code. (example: G197 ”print message”)

Bug Fixes:

• File name abbreviation in the USB menu list, if it is too long
  • WiFi password type menu revised
  • System fatal error under Arabic language

December 7, 2017

Janos Janos
Admin
601 posts

8 replies

I see the M8002 command was removed when the M906 was made compatible with the new PCB. Not really a problem, just noticed.

The increased baud rate and buffer queue size is a welcome improvement, but you should also have improved on the wifi upload speed...

The wifi setting from Craftprint did not work with this new firmware, so I had to enter the wifi password via the touch screen, and that's cumbersome.

December 7, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

There's one thing you really, really (yes, really!) need to fix, and that is to allow turning off the wifi "hotspot" mode of the CB. I always connect the CB as a client to my home wifi, and I do not want the CB to set up it's own SSID at the same time. This is easy for you to fix, and you should do it. Either just automatically turn the hotspot off when the CB is connected to a wifi as a client, or make it setting in the menu.

It makes no sense to have it like it is now, where the CB acts just as a unwanted wifi pollution device.

December 7, 2017

mroek mroek
Revered
535 posts

Question about M906 , what are the stock settings for the drv8825 now ?

December 8, 2017

BV BV
Honored
308 posts

https://www.craftbot.nl/2015/07/07/list-of-m-and-g-commands-as-used-by-the-craftbot/

How is this working for earlier PCB's? The same?
So earlier I used M906 X75 to get more current with the early PCB's, but that won't work anymore I suppose. So also for the early PCB's we can set M906 X R1100 H800 or higher?

December 15, 2017

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1686 posts

mroek wrote:There's one thing you really, really (yes, really!) need to fix, and that is to allow turning off the wifi "hotspot" mode of the CB. I always connect the CB as a client to my home wifi, and I do not want the CB to set up it's own SSID at the same time. This is easy for you to fix, and you should do it. Either just automatically turn the hotspot off when the CB is connected to a wifi as a client, or make it setting in the menu.

It makes no sense to have it like it is now, where the CB acts just as a unwanted wifi pollution device.

I have a Cannon printer/scanner that does the same thing...

Bart ter Haar wrote:https://www.craftbot.nl/2015/07/07/list-of-m-and-g-commands-as-used-by-the-craftbot/

How is this working for earlier PCB's? The same?
So earlier I used M906 X75 to get more current with the early PCB's, but that won't work anymore I suppose. So also for the early PCB's we can set M906 X R1100 H800 or higher?

I would like to know how the M906 works on the older boards too.
If I have to, Ill get the soldering gun out and make the changes if it comes to that.

edit:
Without some kind of answer that means no new firmware for me, although I dont believe theres anything new for the old boards in the new firmware anyway...

December 22, 2017

BV BV
Honored
308 posts

Hi guys,

do you've the link for download the new firmware released: 11706???

Best regards
Davide

January 8, 2018

Davide Davide
Beginner
1 posts

Davide wrote:Hi guys,

do you've the link for download the new firmware released: 11706???

Best regards
Davide

Please use CraftPrint to upgrade the firmware on your CraftBot. CraftPrint is available here https://craftunique.com/craftware/

January 8, 2018

Janos Janos
Admin
601 posts

Mine appears to be stuck on "setting terminal mode" -- has anyone else had this problem?

update now just getting this: New firmware released: 11706

what does this mean? have i done something wrong? is it updated?

March 2, 2018

Sarah Carmody Sarah Carmody
Beginner
6 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.