Common changes

• New WiFi firmware version (003).
  • Bed leveling method has been modified.
  • WiFi modifications to support CraftApp application which will be available shortly in Google Play and AppStore.
  • Character checking and warning message before USB print.

CraftBot 3

• XY calibration method modified (prime, use wiper).
  • Filament Monitoring System (FMS) ON/OFF function separated to both head.
  • New menu to startup calibration.
  • B motor driver current decreased.
  • Warning if FMS connection is wrong during calibration.
  • Support M423 (head preparation) command in CW v1.20.
  • Support standby temperature feature in CW v1.20.
  • Other bugfixes

CraftPrint can be used to update both the WiFi and the CraftBot firmware from our server.

October 4, 2018

Janos Janos
Admin
558 posts

17 replies

The bed leveling change seems to be just that the machine heats the hotend automatically, or did I miss something? Not sure I really like that, even if levelling usually is done with a heated hotend. I prefer to control that myself.

Looking forward to the new app, really hope it will be possible to get push notifications while printing. For example if I have added pauses in the G-code to do stuff like change filament, where a push notification would be useful if I'm not close to the printer.

And it would also be nice to have the same status info in the app as on the screen. And printers needs to be able to be saved in a list, so that you can connect directly to a saved printer without "Detecting" it (which is useless if the phone is not in the same subnet as the printer). Directly entering the printer IP would also be useful.

October 4, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

I just discovered that CraftApp is available in the Play Store, but with a status of "Unreleased" or "Early Access".

I obviously installed it to test, but unfortunately the app insists on doing a search for my printer, but without finding it, despite I can ping it just fine from the phone. Then I disabled the hiding of the CB's own SSID (which really should have been completely disabled, not just hidden), and then the app finds my printer (but it does so on my regular wifi, where the printer is connected).

To my great disappointment the app looks almost exactly like the old one, and doesn't offer a single new feature. It does seem to have tabs that allows connecting to multiple printers, but that is useless for those of us with just one printer.

CraftUnique, did you not listen to any of the feedback you have been given? The app needs more features, as I mentioned in my last post (and in many other posts).

October 5, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

mroek wrote:
CraftUnique, did you not listen to any of the feedback you have been given? The app needs more features, as I mentioned in my last post (and in many other posts).

We took the development of the mobile application from the company where we outsourced the development because they were unable to finish it. The main goal was to support CraftBot 3 and fix a lot of bugs. Features will be added in future versions, but the CraftWare team had to make this mobile development which was kinda new for us, but successfully managed to release the app for both Android and iOS. Please be patient and we will add more features to the app. Meanwhile we have to concentrate to the upcoming release of CraftWare 1.20.

October 8, 2018

Janos Janos
Admin
558 posts

Ah, OK. So that means in the (not so distant) future, it will be possible to have more frequent updates to the app, and also to get some very needed feature updates. Please don't push this back too much, because the app really needs some TLC.

But all in all, I guess this is good news, because now you are at least in control of the app yourself. Outsourcing of software development is often a nightmare...

October 8, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

True, but with limited resources the in-house development can be nightmare too.

October 8, 2018

Janos Janos
Admin
558 posts

I get that, but at least you can hire more people. :-)

Or you could leverage the open source community, but up until now you haven't wanted to do that. It can be done, you know... :-)

October 8, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

Or you could leverage the open source community, but up until now you haven't wanted to do that. It can be done, you know... :-)

+1

October 8, 2018

Fladdie Fladdie
Beginner
11 posts

True that! With an open API for WiFi communication anybody could write a cool app for the CraftBot.

But it's a double-edged blade, can't see now what could exactly come out of it. As for now I think it will stay in-house.

And.. try selling the open-source idea to management ;)

October 9, 2018

NorbertF NorbertF
Admin
151 posts

Another vote here for open sourcing it.

October 10, 2018

ruggie ruggie
Friendly
124 posts

after install the new Firmware on Craftbot Plus, the printer do not Print and the Error is:
out of printing area in Z220.000mm, i test new gcode file and an older, always the same.

any idea???

how i can install an older firmware?

October 22, 2018

Bernd Späth Bernd Späth
Beginner
11 posts

Bernd Späth wrote:after install the new Firmware on Craftbot Plus, the printer do not Print and the Error is:
out of printing area in Z220.000mm, i test new gcode file and an older, always the same.

any idea???

how i can install an older firmware?

First, does the machine work normally when operated from the display? Can you home the axes? And then jog them?

October 22, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

yes i can all axis home, and also jogged in all directions

October 22, 2018

Bernd Späth Bernd Späth
Beginner
11 posts

Sounds like a very strange issue. You could try to reinstall the current/latest firmware, and you could also attach a gcode file here to make sure there isn't anything odd with the file.

October 22, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

I dont have the old Craftprint v1.08 to install old firmware!

October 22, 2018

Bernd Späth Bernd Späth
Beginner
11 posts

You don't need an older CraftPrint. In fact, you don't want one either.

Try reinstalling the newest firmware, using the newest CraftPrint. And what about that g-code file?

October 22, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

hi, i found the problem,

in all older Firmware i can do after printing, my Z-Axis move down in an possition

my Code:
G1 Z220 F 200...
this worked in all older Version..

NOW:
G1 Z200 F200...
i think this range will now be controlled...

thanks for help

October 23, 2018

Bernd Späth Bernd Späth
Beginner
11 posts

So the problem was your G-code, as I suspected. Instead of moving Z down all the way, you could also just move it down a bit from where it is after the print has finished.

I'm doing this in my ending script:

G91 ; relative position
G1 Z50 F800; lower bed by 50 mm from where it is now

October 23, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.