Here are the changes in this release:

• Bugfix: Turning on/off the second encoder was not worked always during print.
  • Bugfix: Fixed sync error between LCD and the main board while overriding temperature.
  • Feature: Encoder is more tolerant when Z is below 1mm. Useful when printing the first layer.

October 9, 2018

Janos Janos
Admin
555 posts

9 replies

Are all these changes related only to the CB3? No changes for the CB+/CB2?

October 9, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
529 posts

The sync bug for both and also if you have encoder with CB2 for example that is also affected.

October 9, 2018

Janos Janos
Admin
555 posts

Hmm, I wasn't aware that the CB2 could even use an encoder? Do you have more info on that?

October 9, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
529 posts

There is a board which can go onto the extension pins on the CB2 motherboard, and has a slot for the encoder.
But it's not being sold.
I don't know the reason behind it. Maybe eventually it will be available as an upgrade.

October 9, 2018

NorbertF NorbertF
Admin
151 posts

Maybe eventually it will be available as an upgrade.

I have been told that upgrade will available at the same time the dual extruder kit is available for the CB+ / CB2 and CB XL (all the CraftBot PCB's with that extra connectors for a dual extruder). So not for the newer silent 3.1 electronics Mroek has.

Bart

November 11, 2018

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1675 posts

Bart ter Haar wrote:
Maybe eventually it will be available as an upgrade.

I have been told that upgrade will available at the same time the dual extruder kit is available for the CB+ / CB2 and CB XL (all the CraftBot PCB's with that extra connectors for a dual extruder). So not for the newer silent 3.1 electronics Mroek has.

Bart

Say what? A dual extruder kit is coming for the CB+/2? But you will need to use the older mainboard to use it?

A new extruder sounds interesting, but I don't have much need for two extruders. It's not that I don't like multi-color prints, but I don't like the additional hassle.

November 11, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
529 posts

Since the firmware upgrade on my CB3, the temperature setting for the first layer is being ignored. Is this a known bug?

EDIT: or is a bug in the craftware software?

November 14, 2018

Mindtrip Mindtrip
Beginner
5 posts

When you will turn back ON funcion for "detect Craftbots" in Craftprint?

I hate it becouse don't work with WIFI!

Bye

November 15, 2018

Gasper Gasper
Beginner
1 posts

Gasper wrote:When you will turn back ON funcion for "detect Craftbots" in Craftprint?

I hate it becouse don't work with WIFI!

Bye

It is indeed ON, but autodetection in CraftPrint doesn't work properly for some computer configurations. Specifically, it sends the probe messages (used for detection) on the wrong network interface. For example, if you have Virtualbox installed, it may end up sending the probes on the virtual network interface, which is no good (this is the exact problem on my computer).

CraftUnique has been informed about this a long time ago, and I hope a properly working version will be released soon.

November 16, 2018

mroek mroek
Revered
529 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.