Do not use UPS when shipping to Canada!!!!

I just placed an order with Craftbot for some replacement parts. The sum came up $60. The only real shipping options dealt with UPS. I therefore paid an additional $30 for delivery -- a bit steep, but OK. When the package arrived, I was asked to pay an additional COD of $107!!!!

So, for $60 worth of parts, I'm being asked to pay $200 !!!!

I looked it up, and it is indeed a scam -- a legal one but a scam none-the-less. While it is possible to self-declare the item, UPS attempts to hide the fact that you can, and they make it as difficult as possible (after all they want their money). Even if you do self-declare the package, UPS still adds extra COD fees, which are still outrageous.

While I could afford the $107, and I do want the parts, I refuse to be a patsy in this scam. Instead I did a return to sender, and will find another way to get the parts.

In the meanwhile, I'm hoping that Craftunique will either drop UPS as an international supplier or at least post an obvious warning on the website warning the customer that UPS plays these sort of games.

January 10, 2019

John Ulvr John Ulvr
Beginner
8 posts

2 replies

Hello John,

Thank you for feedback. What you can do now is to order from Europe. For this please logout and select the European region while you log back in. We have nice FedEx shipping options from EU. Also we expected to have correct business from UPS, we didn't know about this rip-off.

January 10, 2019

Janos Janos
Admin
542 posts

Thanks. I knew that UPS was exaggerating the duty fees, but this was a bit more than I imagined. I will look into ordering from your other site.

January 11, 2019

John Ulvr John Ulvr
Beginner
8 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.