Hallo I want to run my three craftbot+ with octoprint and over night.

Does the newest firmware for the craftbot+ has thermal runway protection. So does the firmware realize if the thermistor or the heater detaches from the hotend.

Thanks

January 23, 2019

Andreas16 Andreas16
Beginner
6 posts

8 replies

Yes, it has thermal runaway protection. The firmware monitors the slope of the temperature change.

January 23, 2019

Janos Janos
Admin
542 posts

ok what is true now. Zsolt on info@ states it has thermal runaway protection but somebody on the facebook website unsered me the following ...

Hi.
No it doesn't, only gives error when it goes under minimum or over maximum

January 23, 2019

Andreas16 Andreas16
Beginner
6 posts

I stumpled upon this topic when I set up my octoprint

https://discourse.octoprint.org/t/octoprint-tells-me-that-my-printers-firmware-lacks-mandatory-safety-features-what-does-this-mean/350

they say the following:

"A lack of thermal runaway protection means that should the heating cartridge or the thermistor detach from the hotend, the firmware will not be able to detect this and continue to heat up your heating cartridge until it might cause something to catch fire."

I think my craftbot+ does not know when the thermistor detaches from the hotend.

January 23, 2019

Andreas16 Andreas16
Beginner
6 posts

It detects overtemperature, shorted or open thermistor, but that slope detection thing does not work AFAIK.

January 23, 2019

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
945 posts

Yeah, I was wrong, the slope detection was removed temporary. It caused false temp sensor errors.

January 23, 2019

Janos Janos
Admin
542 posts

So does the firmware know when the thermistor detaches from the hotend and the heater heats to much?

January 23, 2019

Andreas16 Andreas16
Beginner
6 posts

Andreas16 wrote:So does the firmware know when the thermistor detaches from the hotend and the heater heats to much?

No, not this time, but our firmware engineers will fix this in a couple of days, just consulted with them about this.

January 23, 2019

Janos Janos
Admin
542 posts

I've been printing small quantities from a PLA filament spool on a Craftbot printer prepaidgiftbalance

June 12, 2019

Lisa86 Lisa86
Beginner
1 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.