Hello,

Extruder Fan motors weren't getting any power; narrowed it down to a faulty FFC port on the old PCB; Pr3dator V2.0b. Bought new one direct from CraftUnique NA; Pr2dator V3.1. Everything works fine, except for one thing. The PCB thinks it's a CB 2. This is preventing the Z axis from going down more then 200mm. Tried resetting and re-updating firmware twice now; can't seem to find a way to download a direct CB XL Firmware; PCB thinks its a CB 2 still.

If anyone has dealt with this or have any ideas?

Opened ticket with CraftUnique already but... will take days before I get a response.

Cheers,

Y

June 22, 2019

Vaughn Vaughn
Beginner
4 posts

7 replies

I think there is a soldered jumper somewhere on the board, but I do not know where. With any luck there is a silkscreen text for it. AFAIK the main board is the same for the CB+,CB2 and XL.

Edit: The firmware is DEFINITELY the same, there is no separate FW for the XL.

June 22, 2019

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
958 posts

Thank you for the reply.

You say the firmware is definitely the same. Are you saying that the issue iI'm experiencing doesn't correlate to the firmware?

Also, I'll checkout the old board and do a visual comparison. Thanks again for the response!

EDIT: Under settings; when viewing the version model etc; it lists itself as: "Craftbot 2." Before it listed itself as: "Craftbot XL," this was why I thought the issue was what I mentioned. Do you think that the issue is what I said or something different?

June 22, 2019

Vaughn Vaughn
Beginner
4 posts

HELP! New PCB for Craftbot XL thinks it's a CB2

Pictures with the current issues I'm experiencing.

June 22, 2019

Vaughn Vaughn
Beginner
4 posts

As psanyi said, there is probably a resistor/strap that should either be mounted or removed (we can't know which, since the schematic isn't public). The firmware is the same, and it just detects the presence of this resistor/strap to select what kind of machine it should act as.

There is probably no markings on the silkscreen to tell you this, so the only way is to get an answer from CraftUnique, and then you need to physically modify the board by adding or removing a component. A skilled electronics guy *might* be able to deduce something from close inspection of the board, but getting an answer from CraftUnique is really the way to go.

And BTW, the new board is a better board than the old one, as it has silent stepper drivers.

June 23, 2019

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

Hello There, You surely have to tell the Firmware it's a XL, as otherwise prints stops at 200mm Z height.
That can be done by putting a jumper over two pins .Or solder them together. See picture for the right ones.

After that you will be in XL heaven. Or having an XL, just printing the words "Oh no! Only Donald Trump can rescue the world now!".

Cofveve! Bart

June 23, 2019

Bartaar Bartaar
Service partner
1677 posts

Bart to the rescue!

Now that he said the magic words, even I can see that on your old PCB there is a jumper on those two pins he pointed out, so you can simply take the jumper from the old PCB and move it over to the new PCB!

June 24, 2019

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

Hello,

Thanks for all the help. Didn't know which jumper it was until you pointed it out. Saved me from migraine episodes. Now, to resume printing!

Cheers Bart/Psanyl
Huzzah

V

June 24, 2019

Vaughn Vaughn
Beginner
4 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.