Hello,
I'd like to change (reduce) xmax and ymax values for the carriage. Is there some command to send for save on eeprom my new values?

February 5, 2020

sepp974 sepp974
Friendly
111 posts

10 replies

No, you cannot save it AFAIK, but you can put the M1202 command into all print files.

February 6, 2020

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
984 posts

Thanks psanyi. My concern is when I control the printer from the screen and I risk overruning the carriage, hitting it against the structure.
I will insert M1202 on all my gcode like a start gcode on the software slicer.

February 6, 2020

sepp974 sepp974
Friendly
111 posts

The UI board sends the same gcode as your print file, so if you send the M1202 first, then you cannot overrun those limits from the touchscreen. You just have to be careful at the start of the print.

You can make a "print job" just to set those limits and run it after powerup and those settings persist until the main board is reset.

Also my info can be obsolete. There is a persistent memory on the screen board, so in theory it can reprogram the main board after each powerup. It depends on the firmware changes I have not seen since I've been kicked out of the FW developer github.

Edit: So you are upgrading your printer with something bigger, than the original :-)

February 6, 2020

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
984 posts

Hello psanyi,
I want to reduce the print bed. I replaced the extruder with a dual gear (Bondtech type) and now I am redesigning the fan duct to cool the wire, the spaces in this printer are very small and the fans hit the structure.How to change x max and y max position on firware?

February 6, 2020

sepp974 sepp974
Friendly
111 posts

Nice. What are those black rods?

February 7, 2020

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
984 posts

I'm using Igus bearings and then I also replaced the rods with the most suitable ones
Igus AWMP

February 7, 2020

sepp974 sepp974
Friendly
111 posts

So those are hard anodized aluminium rods. They should last forever.

February 8, 2020

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
984 posts

I finally finished my new extruder project. Now I'm starting with printer tests :)
How to change x max and y max position on firware?

March 20, 2020

sepp974 sepp974
Friendly
111 posts

Nice. How much of the usable bed size left?

March 21, 2020

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
984 posts

I'm testing it now. Max printer dimension size is 240(w)*180(l)*200(h) (before 250*200*200).
Extruder is shorter than the original and I think we can increase the print height, but for me isn't so important.

but if you print without the top frame, you can arrive up to 190 mm (240*190*200)

March 21, 2020

sepp974 sepp974
Friendly
111 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.