I have a craftbot+ with the v3.1 main board. I had a pretty bad blob the other day, and when cleaning it out I had the printer on (so the heating element could soften the chunk). I knocked the ribbon cable on the FFC panel, and my screen turned off and the printer powered off. There appear to be no burns or anything on the ribbon cable, but the printer won't turn on. I have a green LED on my power supply, but there are no signs of life from the main board (and octoprint can't see it either).

Could I Have fried my main board? are there any diagnostics I can do?

February 13, 2020

Joseph Gullo Joseph Gullo
Beginner
31 posts

4 replies

Bumping this thread; before I drop $100 on another mainboard I'd love to do some diagnostics. I have no idea where to start.

February 15, 2020

Beginner
31 posts

Bumping this thread; before I drop $100 on another mainboard I'd love to do some diagnostics. I have no idea where to start.

19 hours, 7 minutes ago

Beginner
31 posts

Sounds like you should first check the power supply. Grab a multimeter and measure the output voltages.

Then maybe you should disconnect the flex cable from the mainboard and see if that changes anything. The screen is connected to the mainboard with a different cable, so should work even if the flex cable is not connected.

16 hours, 12 minutes ago

mroek mroek
Revered
531 posts

It's producing a stable 24V. Even with the ribbon cable detached, the screen is dark and octoprint doesn't see a device over USB.

5 hours, 26 minutes ago

Beginner
31 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.