Hi,

I've made a complex geometry and the face (planar) that is supposed to be parallel to the bed wont drop and level out. There's some angle offset less than 0.1 degrees. Is this a limitation on Craftware? I can try to manually adjust the angle "fine" but it's not perfect and I get awkward layer steps. Would appreciate some help. Thanks! drop not level???

June 19, 2020

Krishna84 Krishna84
Beginner
3 posts

3 replies

If that face is really planar, then you just select "Drop" and click on that face. If it behaves this weird, then you did not manage to make it planar.

June 19, 2020

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
999 posts

Its definitely a planar (see attachment). The plane upon which this is sketched is not normal or parallel to the coordinate system. I even tried exporting to STL with the tightest tolerances possible. I'm pretty sure there is some limitation with Craftware in how it interperts the STL object that isn't parallel/normal to the coordinate system. drop not level???
drop not level???

June 20, 2020

Krishna84 Krishna84
Beginner
3 posts

Inaccuracy of the floating point numbers causes this. The best solution is to save the specific part from the CAD software aligned to one of the main planes like XY XZ YZ
And then you can rotate the model in CraftWare to be parallel to the bed, if needed.

June 29, 2020

Janos Janos
Admin
603 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.