Here is the vase alongside a smaller version that was the test case:
20 CM Vase

This was printed on my Atom2 delta-style printer with Craftware 1.10; it took 10 hrs. 33 min. and had a layer height of 0.200 mm. Here is the part at about the 9 1/2 hour mark:
20 CM Vase

I did have 2 problems with the print. At about the 5 hour mark, when the printer was printing the shoulder part of the vase it started making internal strings:
20 CM Vase
There was nothing I could do about this at the time, and since they are deep inside the part I can't do anything about them now either. What I just did was change Craftware's Retract and Prime lengths from 5.500 mm to 6.00 mm. I know this is a large value compared to what the Craftprinter uses, but my delta printer is different and needs a larger value.

The other problem is this seam that is on both the inside and outside of the part:
20 CM Vase
This happened even though I had specified Random Position for the Source Direction parameter. Someone else reported that this parameter seems to not have any effect in Ver. 1.10; I can report that it does not get saved with the other paramters.

Overall I think the part came out great, and I'm sure these 2 problems will get resolved soon. My hat is off to the team developing Craftware; it is my slicer of choice now.

May 19, 2015

Birk Binnard Birk Binnard
Exalted
705 posts

0 replies

To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.